Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Counting down,getting excited,Trek/South Maui cycles and what a PB?!

Okay so the first one is really only exciting to me as I just took 5 seconds off my previous personal best 100 swim time. Do you know how encouraging that is. 1.22 ... Yeah!

Its been really cold in the mornings and so I've been grumbling a bit. (26 ( snow), 10, 33 (snow) and 15 have been the past four mornings.) But: today was absolutely gorgeous, sunny a high of about 60, so no more I had an amazing ride, cleaned the house and turned on the heat.
Warm is good!

Things are good, I've recovered from Tahoe.. I was really tired last week, am tapering (from recovering which is weird) and truly am feeling good. Its a mind game to taper... as an athlete I'm not used to it, I have been somewhat waiting all year to appropriately back off and peak for Worlds and now that its time there is a degree of insecurity surrounding the process.
Its really nice though to go through the process of feeling more energetic each day. Can't do much now.... just final touches in the next 10 days.

I started to pull out shorts and summer clothes in preperation for Maui today. Its pretty great that World championships is in Hawaii. The venue doesn't get better than that! Thanks Xterra!
Its deserved though.. as the race is and will be brutal. I keep thinking about details that put a nervous shot in my stomach.

Trek bikes are teaming up with South Maui cycles at Xterra World's. They'll have a booth at the Maui Prince next to regristration. Showcasing the 2009 fuel. These are the bikes Brian and I are riding there. They are great bikes, we've been raving about the performance and its deserved. If you're in Maui and at the event come over and say hello. Michael Browne Trek brand manager will be there Friday and Saturday, ask him all your questions, he knows the bikes. Brian and I will be there with our bikes also on Friday mid morning and Saturday mid morning.
enjoy
Jen

No comments: