Monday, November 10, 2008

In threes... fours...

They say that bad luck comes in threes. Don't they also say you make your own luck?

My three of late ie: the past few days have been:

A whopping ear infection. This was a total downer as I went to a doctor on Wednesday, only to go back again to my regular doctor on Friday desperately needing antibiotics. I probably should have been given the option to take antibiotics the first visit. It would have saved me $50 and some pain.

A broken tooth: . Dried pineapple hard as leather is not the right food for me to eat! The dentist saw me today though and I have a temporary tooth and crown on the way. Pricey wee lesson.

The others where minor, but next time I make an awesome pot of vegetable soup I should taste it before putting in cayenne and 2 cans of Mexican hot tomatoes. Hot hot hot... too hot to eat! After trying to tame it with the only yoghurt we had .. vanilla.. I gave up and just ate the yoghurt. Soup anyone.. a whole pot full is in the fridge!

I'd put a container of ear drops on the kitchen bench, that night when I asked Brian if he'd moved them he said he'd put them on top of the oven, so I go to the kitchen and get drops from on top of the fridge next to the toaster oven. It's 11, I'm tired. On Sunday afternoon I see my drops on the microwave oven on the bench. Been using the dogs ear drops for 2 days!!!

B'man joined in the not thinking fun and dropped his cell phone in the dish water this morning.

But we did race a super fun cyclocross race on Saturday. A shout out goes to Western state college's Mike for putting together a super course, w/ snow off camber sections, a 180 degree snow corner and a brutal run straight up the embankment - sledding hill. Then to boot he rounded up amazing prizes and prize money. Brian held off the always fast Brian Reipe for $200, and I won a Smith ski helmet, Smith goggles and $100 voucher to Sugah's restarant... Local races are the best right!!! The weekend weather was awesome for this time of year and we got to ride with Jeff and Laura at Heartmans yesterday. MTBing for fun is my favorite thing to do. Plus the dentist in Montrose meant 'targe't' and a run on grass and trails by the Montrose river. Max has a new target toy and said the run made him very happy!

No comments: