Sunday, September 23, 2007

Fall dreams

We've been really spoiled with the weather lately and its that time in the high country where you know you are riding on borrowed time.
Brian and I went yesterday and explored some new terrain (for us) from Spring creek to Cement creek trail via Rosebud trail.
We'd ridden Rosebud trail before during a long day from Crested Butte South and each had our own memories of the climb. This time around I had some VO2 intervals to do on the climb and it was so loose and rocky I think I climbed with the most anger at a trail as I have ever had.
At the top though cement creek trail was perfect and the views of the fall colors where amazing. The ride took us about 2 hours 45... so it was a really nice way to access the CB South area with less driving and from a fresh perspective.
As its Tri season we donned our running shoes and joggled boggled around Spring creek with some strides for good measure.
I am definately feeling the itch of Nationals next weekend as am I thinking ahead to World champs in November. Its been a long season and I can taste Brians bithday ride, hiking and relaxing that comes after all our racing is done.
I feel like I am in the 5 week countdown and I'll appreciate it this year.
Well enough future dreaming. The sun has just come out, I have a run to do, some bikes to clean and a coaching program for a client before 4 this afternoon.
Enjoy
Jenny

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Hey Jenny!!!

Just wanted to wish you very awesomely good luck for Tahoe! What a fantastic season so far girl, have loved following your exploits and look forward to catching up in Maui. Go well this weekend!! =] sonia