Sunday, March 23, 2008

Not an everyday ordinary trip



I'm in the midst of packing for the Cape Epic MTB Stage race in South Africa and getting really excited along the way. Sue Haywood www.susanhaywood.blogspot.com and I are racing as the Trek/VW WSD team along with Chris Eatough and Jeremiah www.jeremaihbishop.com as the Men's contingent.
Its a huge undertaking and I think an amazing opportunity. Laura Downey and Steve Borkowski are our Mechanic and Sognier. Both are amazing at their jobs so we are going to be dialed.
Along the way we will be writing a daily journal for www.cyclingnews.com and it will be posted also on www.trekmountaintypepad.com
Wish us luck and think fast smooth riding on our behalf.



Yesterday I rode with Brian and Jeff rolling on the MTB while they rode smooth tires. I kept up pretty well, and felt really good after 5 days of an EZ hill repeat week. So I'm as ready as I'm gonna get.... and very excited to be leaving the snow behind again.
Fingers crossed Gunni rock gets Spring fever soon!


No comments: