Monday, October 29, 2007

B'man 3rd at World Champs!

The XTERRA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS where held in Maui, HI Yesterday. In fantastic conditions (Sea level, mid 80 degrees weather) 550 competitiors took the start line on Makena Beach.
It was Brian's day as he exited the water in 113th and proceeded to pass 110 people to finish an AMAZING and career best 3rd place! En route he posted the fastest bike split of the day by 2 1/2 minutes, and 3rd fastest run split. Pretty FANTASTIC stuff.

As for me? I had a great swim and was having a great bike when I flatted my front wheel.... this turned into a disastrous comedy as I ended up re-flatting and changing my front tire 4 times.... throughout the bike, using donated tubes and a donated hand pump. the last change was with borrowed equipment from the sweeper of the course.... DFL for me at one stage. So I went on to finish the bike and the run with the dubious honor of being 290th overall and Last pro women. ( Someone has to be last right!) Oh well.... next year.. Check out http://www.insidetri.com/ and http://www.xterraplanet.com/ for race reports.
,
now its vacation time for a few days.... Mahalo

2 comments:

ScottyD said...

Bronze @ the World's, Congratulations Brian!

Tressa Breindel said...

It took that many flats to get you back that far. What a pain in the ass! Congragulations Brian! I am so excited for you both, even if equipment failures got the best of Jenny!
xxx